Welcome to my tour stop of Remember Me Forever by Sara Wolf hosted by Chapter by Chapter. You can view the full tour schedule here.
1. Finding Your Voice: Writing in First Person (or Third)
The best way to find your writing voice is, in my opinion, writing about something you love. For me it was writing fanfiction of videogames, books, etc that I loved. That really helped me to just write naturally, because the characters were already in my head, and so was the world. So all that was left was my own voice, and I could see it clearly coming through. I guess my recommendation is to write fanfiction, then! It helps to hone your skills and story-telling abilities a ton, especially if you write in a universe you really and truly love. The more you love it, the better your writing/honing will turn out to be!
Another way is to play around with tenses. A lot of people write first person present tense, which is my preferred favorite, but flexing your writing muscles by writing third person past or even the off-the-wall second person are great exercises. Different tenses really push you beyond your comfortable boundaries as a writer, and helps you find what you’re really good at. You can even switch it up in the same book, though you have to be careful about confusing your readers with that advanced move. It’s a delicate balance.
Thank you for having me!
Remember Me Forever (Lovely Vicious #3)
by Sara Wolf
Publication Date: May 2, 2017
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Isis Blake hasn’t fallen in love in three years, forty-three weeks, and two days. Or so she thinks.
The boy she maybe-sort-of-definitely loved and sort-of-maybe-definitely hated has dropped off the face of the planet in the face of tragedy, leaving a Jack Hunter–shaped hole. Determined to be happy, Isis fills it in with lies and puts on a brave smile for her new life at Ohio State University.
But the smile lasts only until he shows up. The menace from her past—her darkest secret, Nameless—is attending OSU right alongside her. And he’s whispering that he has something Isis wants—something she needs to see to move forward. To move on.
Isis has always been able to pretend everything is okay. But not anymore.
Isis Blake might be good at putting herself back together.
But Jack Hunter is better.
Goodreads || My review
Purchase Links: Google Play || BAM || Chapters || Indies || Amazon || B&N || Kobo || TBD || iBooks
Other books in this series:
Book 1: Love Me Never- Goodreads || My review
Purchase Links: Amazon || B&N || iBooks || Kobo || Amazon.co.uk || Amazon.ca || Entangled Publishing
Book 2: Forget Me Always- Goodreads || My review
Purchase Links: Amazon || B&N || iBooks || Kobo || Amazon.ca || Amazon.co.uk
Ultimate College Survival Kit, including:
- *Ouch! BandAids. 24 Assorted adhesive bandages with absorbent pads.
- A durable, sleek, modern laundry backpack. Machine washable with a secure locking drawstring closure.
- 3M Command Adhesive Poster Strips to hang posters and Dormify prints on your wall with no hassle. Pack of 12 strips.
- 3M Command Adhesive Medium Hooks for hanging hand towels, jewelry or more. Pack of 2 hooks.
- A 1oz bottle of Eco-Me’s Dish Soap perfect for those dirty dishes that (unfortunately) won’t clean themselves
- A 1oz bottle of Eco-Me’s All Purpose Spray Cleaner. 100% natural for any and all household cleaning
- A 1oz bottle of Eco-Me’s Scrub Cleaner perfect for kitchen and bath cleaning.
- A 1oz bottle of Eco-Me’s Gentle Laundry Soap.
- Namast’ay in Bed Eye Mask, perfect for sleeping in late.
- An aluminum head massager to relax your body when you massage your head with the soft-tipped stainless-steel tips. 10″ Tall.
- A set of ear plugs. Plug in and tune out
- Weekly Calendar Message Board to help you plan out your schedule.
- Holy Moly It’s Raining Poncho
- A Ping Pong ball, in case of emergency.
- Bring your bath essentials to the shower in style with the Mint Spa Basket Shower Caddy. Waterproof – made with durable plastic with sleek chrome handle (9.25 x 7 x 5 inches)
Sara Wolf is a twenty-something author who adores baking, screaming at her cats, and screaming at herself while she types hilarious things. When she was a kid, she was too busy eating dirt to write her first terrible book. Twenty years later, she picked up a keyboard and started mashing her fists on it and created the monster known as the Lovely Vicious series. She lives in San Diego with two cats, a crippling-yet-refreshing sense of self-doubt, and not enough fruit tarts ever.
Website || Twitter || Facebook || Goodreads
So guys, have you read this book yet or have you started this series yet?
One thought on “Guest post by Sara Wolf: Author of Lovely Vicious trilogy || Blog Tour”