I just realised out of the 20 books I listed as a must read I 2018, I have only read 5 of them (counting series as 1). *sighs* A tragic fail indeed. But I am 101% determined to complete this year’s list with a positive note. So without further ado, here goes!!
Best reads of 2018:
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde: This was my first read of 2018 and it was oh sooo full of fluffy goodness!
- Read Player One by Ernest Cline: I did not expect it to love it this much… but well it was different and so very exciting.
- Wolf by Wolf duology by Ryan Graudin: *sobs* I am still not over this duology. It had a kickass start and left me in pieces. 100% RECOMMEND IT!! I… should not suffer alone!
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor: Such a beautiful and mystical read. The flow of this book and world-building had me in awe.
- Gemina & Obsidio by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman: Need I even say anything about this? Space fighting. Creepy aliens. Intergalactic sabotage plans. A mass murdering AI! What else does a book need!
Books I can’t wait to jump into this year!
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black: This has been in my tbr for soo long and the hype for book 2 is getting to me!
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson: This book is super fun! One of my friends already has this, so I am planning to borrow it soon!
- Warcross duology by Marie Lu: I bought this in 2018 book fair. It’s still in my bookshelf. My friend gushed about this book for straight an hour after she finished it. I still haven’t touched it. But I do own book 2. So yup. Gonna binge it!
Releasing in 2019:
- Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff: The Nevernight Chronicles is my best fudging reads. So yup. I am ready to hand over my first baby.
- The Wicked King by Holly Black: The hype is real.
- The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare & Wesley Chu: MALEC!!!! I REPEAT WE ARE GETTING A MALEC BASED TRILOGY!! MY LIFU IS COMPLETEEEEEEEEE!!!!
- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare: I am a Cassandra Clare trash. Plain and simple.
- The Gods of Men by Barbara Kloss: I found out about this bool from Raven @ Dreamy Addictions and I am soooo excited for it!
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He: Have you read the blurb? It sounds so freaking gorgeous and sorcerery!!!
- Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell: *starts to sing Carry On My Wayward Song* Well… that was my instant reaction the moment I saw this cover. I adooored Carry On, so yep, I am definitely excited for this one.
- Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman: HAHA! TAKE MY SOUL PLEASE!
Soooo guys, what were most memorable reads of 2018?
Which books do you aim to finish this year?
Any particular book/ series/ author you are looking forward to??