I tend to disappear more than I want to. 😦
I last popped back in September and I really, really wanted to be consistent but I am appalled at how inconsistent I can be. Although, there were multiple reasons (not trying to give excuses here, but I genuinely lost all motivation) that pushed me back.
- My work life. I switched into freelancing which did give me a lot of freedom, however, took it away as well. I dunno. Work pressure is weird in freelancing and I couldn’t balance my time for blogging. I felt like I was always tired and even if I had the time, I couldn’t get up to do anything. Though I feel after a little less than a year in freelancing, I have started to get the hang of it.
- My mental health went haywire. The pandemic was definitely to blame along with a variety of personal reasons which drained me of any energy. I struggled a lot with motivation to do basically anything so I had to take help. A lot better now but it’s life. It’ll keep throwing curveballs and I have to learn to work alongside it.
- Multi-tasking. This has always been an issue for me. I have tried scheduling posts and it has worked but then it hasn’t. So I am going to try to post 3-4 times a month and if not possible, I am not going to beat myself up for it.
- I got back into reading. My biggest letdown in 2019 was I barely read. The pandemic did provide me with the chance to pick up my reading habit as well. Definitely not aiming for 100 books like I used to, however, will definitely be happy with a half-century! Or less. I am just so glad I have started reading regularly again.
- Trying to be more self-aware and empathetic. This year has definitely taught me a lot. Thankfully, I have pretty awesome friends who have been a great support system. So being more kind and understanding adds up to the list as well.
- So basically I am a work in progress! Hoping to be consistent this time since I cannot for the love of anything, leave this blog behind.
If you have stayed and read this far, a genuine thank you from the bottom of my heart. 💜
Hello from the other side. If anybody’s still out there, how have you been doing?