Helloooo there people!
Sooo another month flew by! Can you believe we are already halfway through 2016! It’s crazy! Nonetheless, bookishly this month was okay, I did have some great reads but many turned out to be just okay or simply meh! So, here are the list!
Books I’ve read this month (Link to Goodreads):
1. All the Feels by Danika Stone– This was a cute read although some parts did feel a bit too much sometimes otherwise the all fandom craziness was pretty nice to read about.
2. Lessons of the Heart by Jodie Larson– Eh… this book was meh! And kind of weird. Although I love forbidden romance, it’s my most favorite trope but I felt it wasn’t done alright in this book due to which it ultimately failed to impress me.
3. Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh– This was very different and one that I liked. It dealt with the life of pre-historic people, similar to that of Ice Age and it was pretty interesting.
4. The Secret Life of a Dream Girl by Tracy Deebs– Oh this was sooo cute! I loved this one. The characters were so great as well as the romance!
5. Finding London by Ellie Wade– It was okay read for me this month. I can’t totally deny that I didn’t enjoy it cause I did but there were some portions which just didn’t sit well with me.
6. Say Something by T.A. Roth– This was an engaging read, I loved the characters and how the story flowed out and I really, really need the next because because of that cliffeeeee!!
7. The Curse of Damini by Debajani Mohanty– This was a powerful read, it dealt with the condition of the women in India before its Independence till the current timeline. And it was also entangled with a mysterious aspect which made the story an interesting read.
8. Just a Girl by Ellie Cahill– Another okay read for me. Although the plot had potential but it didn’t live up to my expectations. The decisions of the main protagonist was getting on my nerves and sometimes it was too much.
9. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas– Do I need to say anything for this one because it was freaking awesome! I NEED THE NEXT BOOK NOW!!
10. Turning Grace by J.Q. Davis– My first zombie read. I think. I enjoyed this book except the zombishly eating habits of the main protagonist which was EW! Nonetheless, I’m definitely interested in continuing with this series.
11. Life After Juliet by Shannon Lee Alexander– Another cute read! *sighs* This book was pretty great and I loved each and every aspect of this book plus it had a whole lot of awesome characters!
12. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare– I LOVED this one! It was so great and exciting. At first I was reading this a bit slowly and then I couldn’t stop and finished it in 2 days! I’m currently reading the last one in this series and I’m loving it so far. I can’t believe I’ll finally finish this series! This thought is exciting as well as sad because I love this series sooo much and I don’t want it to end!
13. The Masterpiecers by Olivia Wildenstein– This was a very, very different read but it was pretty unique as well which made it intriguing and I definitely want to see where the next book takes me!
14. Change Places with Me by Lois Metzger– This was a weird read, I didn’t get much of what was happening. I’ll talk more about it in the review next month.
15. Running Back To Him by Evelyn Rosado– I loved this one. It had the best friends to lovers trope which is my second favourite trope and I loved the characters and how the story was executed.
Books I’ve reviewed this month (Link to my review):
Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
The Secret Life of a Dream Girl by Tracy Deebs
Say Something by T.A. Roth
The Curse of Damini by Debajani Mohanty
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Life After Juliet by Shannon Lee Alexander
All the Feels by Danika Stone
Finding London by Ellie Wade
Just a Girl by Ellie Cahill
Turning Grace by J.Q. Davis
The Masterpiecers by Olivia Wildenstein
Lessons of the Heart by Jodie Larson
- I also shared an excerpt of Change Places with Me by Lois Metzger as a part of the blog tour.
I shared a bit of what was happening in my life in this post. Other than that everything is going okay, I have started studying again and it actually feels good. And well… life’s going on. 🙂
Oh and I’ve also decided to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo this July. Although I do have a big exam this month but I’ll have exams regularly now so I just have to create some time to continue writing. This will be my first time and I’m freaking nervous as well as a bit excited. Any other newbies like me?
I have waited for Illuminae for sooo long because the price was crazy high for this book and I coudn’t buy it but the price lowered a bit just for one day, I was so freaking lucky I checked Amazon at 3 am that night otherwise I would have missed this deal. I kind of shrieked! Very loudly. (I might just have woke up the neighbours!) But c’mon I was ecstatic! 😀 And I haven’t read any books by Emery Lord yet but I always wanted to. So figured it was time to start with When We Collided. And the rest of the three books- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, Half Bad by Sally Green and This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales are graduation presents from my parents and of couse I gifted myself as well! 😛
Aaaaand that’s a wrap up! ❤
So guys, how was your month? Was it bookishly great or just okay? Leave a link to your wrap up post and I’ll be sure to visit! Or you can let me know in the comments!
Oh and who’s participating Camp NaNoWriMo this July? Any newbies like me?
See you guys in the next post!